*Photo by Tish Fagin: Revolver vs. Jam during quarterfinals of Nationals 2008.
Date of birth:
23 April 1981
Place of birth:
Current city of residence:
Project Management at Location Labs
University of Greater Metropolitan Oakland (Cal-Berkeley 2000-2004)
Is that a new sports drink? I’ve never had one before.
How I came to join Revolver:
It was the summer of 2006 and I was pretty disillusioned by open club Ultimate. I had vowed that I’d be at club nationals that year no matter what (even as a spectator) and was trying to start a new Bay Area co-ed team with a core of UC Berkeley men’s and women’s players. Brian Garcia and Nat Kinsky suggested we go to the first practice for “some new Bay Area team.” Let’s just say I had some significant doubts about this team, a mishmash of folks at a variety of skill levels. (Oh, and I didn’t even know that it was tryouts.) But I really enjoyed Nick Handler and Marc Weinberger’s leadership (and encouragement) and did whatever I could to get on McManus’ good side. Managed to show some competency in running a stack offense and the rest, they say, is… Revolver Ultimate.
Funniest moment or joke on Revolver:
NC: pigeon poop pillows
PB: Baylis oops
MT: spirit circle hurling
CK: “I heard that Jonathan Bravo guy is really good at Ultimate.”
Favorite game or tournament moment on Revolver:
1. 2008 Nationals – Tom James 5, 7, 10? layout Ds in the second half against Johnny Bravo in power pools and winning. We were down 14-9 or something. Legendary.
2. 2007 Northwest Regionals – Revolver didn’t make it to Nationals, but I achieved every personal goal that I set out that year/tournament.
Favorite game or tournament moment outside of Revolver:
1 Portuguese flag, 1 girl, no clothes.
Favorite Ultimate player(s) in formative years:
1. HH Valdivia – a mentor and friend, motivational as he was always one step/year ahead of where I wanted to be.
2. Dan Hodges – he’s both the angel on the right shoulder and the devil on the left.
3. Chris McManus – showed me my best wasn’t good enough, so I needed to get better.
The next one.
What makes ___ so dangerous?
I’m like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
Ray Charles – Greenbacks
Eggs, #2, shower. Everything else takes care of itself.
What I like to eat on Saturday night of a tournament:
If I didn’t play Ultimate, my main pastime outside of work would be:
I don’t know how to respond to this.
Favorite sports team outside of Ultimate:
In terms of Kanners, how tan are you?
Are we talking 2010 Kanners or 2011 Kanners? 42.
Something unknown about me:
I never really wanted to play college Ultimate, but I did.
I never really wanted to play club Ultimate, but I did.
I don’t really want to play masters…