Ashlin Joye #27
Nicknames: A, Ash, Ashie, Ashhole, Joye to the World, Oh Joye, Joyeboy, The Future
Date of birth: 13 April 1988
Place of birth: Woodland, CA
Current city of residence: San Francisco, CA
College team(s): UC Davis Dogs (2008-2010)
Former teams: YR (2008)
- 4th grade table tennis champion
- UC Davis Dogs MVP
- UC Davis IM Basketball champion
- 2009 “Most Injured” award for Revolver
- 2010 “Most Improved” award for Revolver
How I came to join Revolver: Recruited by Davis Dogs coach, Revolver alumnus and carpool buddy Eric “Redbeard” Halverson.
Funniest moment or joke on Revolver:
- Baylis’ fast story in Tahoe.
- Chappie’s pigeon story in Prague.
- Beau’s Colombian whale story in Tahoe.
- Sherwood’s pre-game warm-up at Northwest Regionals 2010.
- Cassidy’s bathroom visit to the cellar at Froggy’s in Davis on his 21st birthday.
Favorite game or tournament moment on Revolver: Winning Worlds in Prague, Czech Republic, because it was my first championship.
Favorite game or tournament moment outside of Revolver: 2009 Sean Ryan – Davis Dogs vs. Cal – My first full year on the Dogs and this was my first ever matchup against Cal. The game went to universe point and I caught the game-winning goal (my eight goal of the game) on a bailout throw that hung over a crowd of people. Suck it, Dutchy, Ryo, and Joel! It may be worth mentioning that Sean Ryan was a pre-season tournament and that the next time we played Cal when it actually mattered we lost 15-3. 🙁
Favorite Ultimate player(s) in formative years:
- Taylor Lahey – my captain for the first two years with the Davis Dogs, for being one of the hardest-working players and having as much heart as anyone I’ve ever played with.
- Allen Thoe – for his wheel and for still being crazy athletic with half a foot.
- Daryl Nounnan – for teaching me patience even though I never listened, and for being as hairy as a baboon.
- Steve Joye – my dad, for influencing me to play this dumb sport (if you can even call it that).
- Eric Halverson – for being my first coach and teaching me everything he knows as I continue to play on Revolver, including his sweet shimmy before he throws a flick (mine is probably better now though).
- Kevin Cissna – for his work ethic and intensity, even though it scares me sometimes.
Favorite movie as a kid: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
What makes ___ so dangerous? Goose step. ‘Nuff said.
Pre-game ritual: Rest as long as possible before I have to start running.
What I like to eat on Saturday night of a tournament: Chicken. Fried. Just kidding–that’s gross. Probably a burrito.
If I didn’t play Ultimate, my main pastime outside of work would be: Basketball, backpacking, rock climbing, piano, food.
Favorite sports team outside of Ultimate: Green Bay Packers
In terms of Kanners, how tan are you? 0.1 in the right lighting.
Something unknown about me: I actually hate Ultimate — I just play because the chicks dig it. I’m actually faster than Beau.