Cassidy Rasmussen #9
Date of birth: 29 May 1989
Place of birth: Los Gatos, CA
Current city of residence: San Francisco, CA
Occupation: Location Labs
College team(s): UC Santa Cruz Slugs (2008-2011)
- Family Style (coed, 2006-2007)
- Santa Cruz Club (open, 2008)
- 2008 Northwest FOTY
- 2009 Northwest All-Region
- 2010 Northwest All-Region
- 2011 Southwest All-Region and Skyd Magazine All-American
How I came to join Revolver: During my freshman year of college my ankle was badly sprained by [now teammate] Patrick Baylis at college Nationals. I had been approached by Mike Payne about being a practice player before that, but with my ankle injury I couldn’t justify making trips up to The City for practices, which is a bummer since Revolver took all of their practice players that year. In 2009 I somehow managed to make the team with a broken hand.
Funniest moment or joke on Revolver:
- “Nick Schlaggy Schlaaaaag…” to the tune of “Snoop Doggy Dooooooogg” – Changing the lyrics of multiple songs to rhyme with Schlag’s name at Nationals 2009.
- Baylis’ date story from Life Stories.
- Kanner running into a glass door because he was so excited about the Hi-Chews that Russ and I were bringing up the stairs.
Favorite game or tournament moment on Revolver: Nationals 2010, double-peaking for the double championship.
Favorite game or tournament moment outside of Revolver:
- Southwest Regional Finals 2011 vs. SDSU, one of the most emotional games that I’ve ever played.
- Game vs. UCLA alumni at Kaimana in pre-quarters. Post game vs. Bag o Wine… Wine Line O.
Favorite Ultimate player(s) in formative years:
- In high school I went to Jr. National tryouts and was definitely influenced watching Jeremy Norden throwing and Nate Castine playing defense.
- Joaq Nagle, who went to my high school but was four years older, was a role model for me whenever he would come up from Claremont to play against us.
- Once in college, Daryl Nounnan taught me pretty much everything that I needed to know to play at an elite level.
- Danny Karlinsky influenced the way I captained the Slugs my last two years and taught me a lot about leadership.
- Ex-Revolver teammate Nick Chapman tried hard to fix my running form. It has helped, but is still questionable.
Favorite tournament: Kaimana Klassik
What makes ___ so dangerous? In terms of Ultimate: first step and change of direction. In terms of Life: hanging out with Russell, because everyone is more dangerous and in more danger in his vicinity.
Theme song: Top Gun Anthem
Pre-game ritual: Ignore everything but the warm-up, then stare blankly into space while pretending to stretch.
What I like to eat on Saturday night of a tournament: Pasta and some meat.
If I didn’t play Ultimate, my main pastime outside of work would be: A lot more basketball.
Favorite sports team outside of Ultimate: Golden State Warriors
If I could hang out with any famous person for a day, it would be: Shaq — I just want him to let me ride on his shoulders.
In terms of Kanners, how tan are you? Over 9000.
Something unknown about me: The only fight that I’ve ever gotten into was in seventh grade when some out-of-shape kid started doing the Barry Bonds “steroids” chant as I lapped him on the track during our timed mi