Nick Schlag #20
Date of birth: 27 April 1986
Place of birth: Seattle, WA
Current city of residence: San Francisco, CA
Occupation: Energy Consultant at E3
College team(s): Stanford Bloodthirsty (2006-2009)
- Member of Beard Team USA (2007-present)
- Stanford Disc Golf Champion, Team and Individual (2008)
- Recipient of several E-mmys, including (but not limited to) Best Alias E-mail (2010)
How I came to join Revolver: It was a bleary Saturday morning in May 2009. I’m sitting on a couch watching Jurassic Park III while four college teammates (including former/current roommate/teammate Tom James) prepare to leave for tryouts. After an injury-plagued college season, I had decided not to play club for the season. At the last minute, I changed my mind and hopped into the car. Somehow it worked out.
Funniest moment or joke on Revolver:
- At Friday team dinner during ECC 2011, Chapman ordered the hearty-sounding “Ploughman’s Platter” with expectations of a massive smorgasbord of meats and sausages but instead received a meager appetizer-sized spread of cold cuts and cheeses. The look of sheer disappointment on his face had most of us laughing until we couldn’t breathe.
- Beau, after learning the rules of icing, icing Wiseman on the beach in Sarasota by kicking a bottle at him barefoot, saying, “Hey, Iceman, you want to play soccer?”
- Levy’s dropped pull during our O/D scrimmage at Cal States, which came after a season’s worth of heckling me and Joel for every pull we let hit the ground.
Favorite game or tournament moment on Revolver: Winning Club Nationals in 2010.
Favorite game or tournament moment outside of Revolver: Winning Northwest college Regionals in 2009 on double-game point against Cal (sorry, Joel).
Favorite Ultimate player(s) in formative years:
- Robbie Cahill, a fifth year during my rookie year on Stanford, for his on-field leadership and intensity and his humility as a baller.
- Will Chen, who also played Stanford that year, for his smarts and his endless dedication to improving his throws.
Favorite tournament: Club Nationals
What makes ___ so dangerous? Fear the beard.
Theme song: Not sure that I have a choice here (see Cassidy’s funniest moments).
- Throws with my wingman.
- Tons of hydration.
What I like to eat on Saturday night of a tournament: Anything not fried.
If I didn’t play Ultimate, my main pastime outside of work would be: Camping/hiking/mountains.
Favorite sports team outside of Ultimate: D-Broncs/D-Nugs
In terms of Kanners, how tan are you? 0 – everyone else’s responses imply way too much precision in the measurement of tanness.
Something unknown about me: I never break my New Year’s Resolutions.