*Photo used with permission from: Alexander Yuen
Date of birth:
28 October 1981
Place of birth:
Current city of residence:
San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer for Playdom
UC Santa Barbara Black Tide (2001-2005)
Santa Barbara Condors (2005-2008)
Ono (Kaimana, 2006-2009, 2011)
San Francisco Jam (2009)
2001 Black Tide Rookie of the Year
2006 Ono team spirit award recipient
2010 “Best Puller / Worst Zone Deep” award for Revolver
How I came to join Revolver:
I followed Bart Watson.
Funniest moment or joke on Revolver:
1. Schlag arriving at the Siesta Key beach house at 9:00a on Monday after we won Nationals as we’re loading up the car to head to the airport. He rolls up from the direction of the beach, bewildered and covered in sand and asks Boo, “What the eff happened last night?” By the way, Boo made it it about 60 yards down Midnight Pass Rd before he asked me to pull over.
2. While waiting in the Jack In the Box drive-thru in Austin after Saturday’s game, Taylor (shirtless) is looking at himself in the passenger sun visor mirror and in an irritated tone says, “Look at me. I’m fat. This is disgusting.”
3. Beau telling us we’re at the wrong bar in Prague when we were at the wrong Popocafepico or whatever that place was called.
4. Jit’s relentless yelling. He was screaming about better marks in some meaningless game and somebody from the other team asked one of us if he was always like that, to which we replied, “Yep.”
Favorite game or tournament moment on Revolver:
Revolver vs Journeymen in pool play at Northwest Regionals 2010.
Favorite game or tournament moment outside of Revolver:
Beating Colorado in the finals of 2004 college Southwest Regionals.
Favorite Ultimate player(s) in formative years:
1. Taylor Cascino – He used to be sick. It was kind of weird when I first realized that I was as good as him in 2005 when we played on the Condors.
2. Nick Fiske – Great captain and attitude. Favorite quote was, “Winners never have excuses.”
3. Mike Brown – Never hesitated in speaking his mind to me. It was all sh**-talk but it was what he was really thinking. It’s weird how much I hated him when we’d battle in practice and how much I liked winning with him at tournaments. He’s like your little brother–you like to fight him but when somebody else gets in his face, you attack.
4. Alex Roedel – The sickest performance that I’ve ever witnessed from a teammate was his at 2007 Southwest Regionals against Johnny Bravo.
What makes ___ so dangerous?
My left forearm when I’m throwing a flick.
Queen – We Are the Champions
40 yard sprints
What I like to eat on Saturday night of a tournament:
The same thing I eat almost every night — a burrito.
If I didn’t play Ultimate, my main pastime outside of work would be:
Ideally, paragliding. One day.
In terms of Kanners, how tan are you?
I can go without sunscreen.